Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sarah's Update

I'm really busy this year, my senior year in high school (Seniors '06! :D). I am taking five classes: AP Government, AP English, AP Calculus, Speech (required, ugh...), and Interior Design. I don't really like school too much. I hate speech and government, but luckily those and interior design are only one semester long each. English isn't too bad; the teacher likes me and I'm making a 100% in it. I like Calculus quite a bit. I really like math and my teacher is cool, and I'm the top student in the class.

I also got a job two months ago at Garden Ridge (as mom posted last time). It's not great but it's not bad. It takes a little drive to get there, but the people there are pretty nice. And I get a 20% discount! (For those of you who don't know, Garden Ridge is a floral/craft/home decor/holiday stuff super center. You can look on their website to get a better idea. Oh, and we've had Christmas stuff out since before I got there at the beginning of September.) It does take a lot of time though. They make me work about 24 hours a week, despite telling them I can't work more than 20 hours. *Sigh*, oh well. I guess it just means more money to save for college.

Along with school and work, I still have seminary every morning, which means some days I'm only home a couple hours the whole day! Somehow, I'm surviving... barely... I think.

In other news, I got my scores from ACT tests. I got a 34 out of 36 composite (average) score!!! That's really good... I got a 31 in English, 34 in Math, 36 in Reading (amazingly), and 34 in Science. Hopefully, that score will help me get some scholarship money. I want to go to Texas A&M but I haven't got around to getting my application in yet. I just need to finish the essays but I'm just so busy lately. (I probably should be doing that right now instead, hehehe...). Well, that's MY update.

Sarah C.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Great update Sarah!! Thanks so much. It is great hearing from you. Sounds like you are way busy and doing well. Is it getting cold there yet. We have been having great weather but today a little cloudy. Have the Hurricanes bothered you guys at all. Lots of rain maybe?? I am so happy you have this blog now. I love it. Take care and we love you Sarah. Grandpa and Grandma

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It's cooling off some, but we didn't get any rain from the hurricanes, sadly. We could really use it; we are under normal for the year in precipitation. Maybe we'll get some next week.

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home