Spring Break! :D
This is Sarah here. I thought I should add a post... it's been a while.
It's my Spring Break this week! Yahoo!!! No school or seminary for a whole week! Too bad work didn't follow suit. Oh well, I'm only working three days this week, and maybe only two if I can give away my Saturday shift. I've been there about 6 1/2 months now and I'm just trying to hold on through at least half the summer. I figure if I can make it to the summer, I'll be doing good. It's a very frustrating job, mainly due to scheduling. But I need to work during the summer to earn money for college, so I keep on going. I plan on quitting in middle of July just before we go on vacation, then taking the rest of the summer off - half of July and most of August before school starts (August 28th-ish, though I plan on moving a week early to get settled in). I'm counting down the days I have to stay at Garden Ridge.
Oh, on the news of college. All applications got in, on time luckily. I got into University of North Texas and Texas A&M University. I plan on going to the latter and majoring in Architecture (well, technically at their school you get a Bachelor's of Environmental Design for a four year track, then can take two years to get a Masters in Architecture). Both schools gave me scholarships: UNT gave me $5,000 /yr for four years; TA&M gave me $2,500/yr for four years. It's not as much as UNT but any can help and I'd rather go there. In A&M's program, there is a required semester abroad and they have a fairly large program in ITALY!!! How cool would that be?! I'm really excited to go there. And, I know a lot of people going, even a couple going into my program! I'll actually know someone! Right now I'm also applying for a ton of local scholarships to help out as well. Hopefully I'll get a few.
Well, I still have nine more weeks left of high school. I am SOOOOO ready to graduate and leave that building. This semester is quite different than last semester. The only classes that stayed the same were Calculus and English. Now I also have Economics (instead of Gov't.), Housing (instead of Interior Design), and Landscape Design (in place of Speech). There... okay. I don't really enjoy the latter two because they are full of kids who don't care at all, don't want to be there, and are really loud, crude, and rude. At least those don't give me a lot of homework though. The year is beginning to wrap up as well, and you can feel it in classes. We have just under two months until AP tests -_- ... I signed up for AP Calculus and AP Macroeconomics. I have to get at least a four to get credit at A&M. I got a four on both tests I took last year, the AP English Language and AP US History. At A&M, that gets me out of two semesters each, so I'm already done with 12 credit hours. If I get a four on the tests this year, I get a semester from each, so 6 more credit hours. I don't know though... these classes are harder. I'm not too worried about math, but it is a lot to remember. Economics... we'll see on that one.
I just need to pay attention more in class, but I definitely have a huge case of senioritis. I don't care or feel like doing anything; I just want to get done and get away. *Sigh* Nine more weeks. It'll probably go pretty fast though. After spring break, we have three weeks until prom weekend, when this grading period ends and grades freeze for rank. The monday after prom is a senior activity day field trip. The next weekend is a three-day weekend for Easter. The week after Easter is TAKS testing (state standardized testing) but seniors don't take it, so we come to school late everyday that week. Then one week left of April before the first two weeks of May: AP Testing! After those, only a week and a half of school, when we'll do nothing because the AP tests are over, until GRADUATION MAY 25TH!!!! :D See? Not long at all. :)
It also means only nine more weeks of early morning seminary! I won't have to wake up at 5:00 am anymore! :) In other church news, when I turned 18 I decided to leave Young Women's (for my own reasons) and join Relief Society. I have been in there for just over 2 months now, and it is definitely ... a change. Now I am a visiting teacher though my companion and who we teach are more than twice my age. I guess I'll get used to it. I also got called to be the Relief Society Pianist, so I play on Sundays again. I had been playing for YWs so long that it was weird at first to not be playing on Sundays, so I like this calling. While I'm glad I'm no longer in YW, I am certainly looking forward to moving to a new student ward where there are more people my age.
In other news, it's already spring here in Texas. It's been fairly warm all month, and all the trees and flowers are blooming. It's so pretty, I wish it could last. But I know that in probably about a month or so, it'll be the beginning of summer. And our winter and spring have been so unusually warm, the outlook of a nice summer isn't too good. We still are in drought with not much rain predicted and we keep making record highs. I sure hope it's not like the summers of 1998 and 1999, with 60+ consecutive days of over 100 degree highs. I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully we'll get more rain though. But I guess I should just enjoy the pleasant springtime as short as it may be while we have it. That's pretty much all that's going on in my life (now that I've probably bored all who read this to death). I probably should go do something, like homework... maybe.
Sarah Crookston

2 Comments:
Great Great Great!!!! Sooooooo good to hear from you. Wow! it's hard to believe that school is about over for another year. We are way proud of you Sarah, We know you will ace all your tests and finish up like you always do. Before long you will be at college and on your own. Wow! Isn't it a bit scary? :) You sound like you are really ready. Thanks for posting. Grandpa will love to read it. When he comes in I'll tell him. Love you Grandma Clark
Thanks for the update. I enjoyed it.
Post a Comment
<< Home