Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Job for Rebecca

After the lengthy, somewhat frustrating, process of applying for a job with a government entity, I was hired to a new position at Allen Public Library where I currently work as a page, no pun intended. Starting December 4th I will be a Library Specialist, Adult Services. My work hours will increase from 19 to 30 hours per work and I will also get a raise in my hourly wage, but more importantly I will be learning lots of new job skills.

The new job includes manning the information desk, answering phones, helping patrons with online catalog, placing holds and transfers for books, monitoring self check-out machines, reader's advisory for patrons, book displays, scheduling and maintaining display cases and bulletin boards, working with teen volunteers, assisting with teen programs, maintaining CDs, DVDs, VHSs, new books and audio books, opening and closing library entrances, preparing withdrawn books for sale or disposal, and more.

I'm excited and nervous. I'm familiar with the book and media collections at the library, but I have loads to learn about everything else.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Oh you will be great Becca. I think this is a position you are going to really like. I spent a couple of hours at the Family History Center this morning. I had them help me to divide my data base into different file so I could manage it better. When Rick downloaded all his genealogy it really put alot of names on. Now I am going to transfer it to the new computer and try to get busy. I've forgotten most all I had learned while working up there. Thanks for posting and keep doing it so we know how the position is going. Love you all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home