Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gone With the Wind

I came home from work yesterday to find half the fence lying down on the job. High winds in North Texas, gusting up to 60 mph, blew out the fence and turned the sky brown with dust. The daughter of a friend got a concussion from a broken tree limb blown at her head.

Today the winds have calmed, the first of the daffodils are blooming, and the forecast is calling for a sunny 65 degree day. I think I'll go for a walk after church. Fence rebuilding will have to wait until next week.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

good grief! our poor fence! winds were strong here too, but not that bad. just a few knocked over trashcans... mind you they were stone trashcans...

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

I would say you have had a bit of a wind storm there. btw we haven't heard yet about the hotel reservations for the wedding. ?? Love you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home